Friday, February 8, 2008

College Schedule

Just a quick tip about schedules I'm thinking of as I sit here at work at 8:30 in the morning... anything before 10 is usually too early. Sometimes 10am is too early too.

It seems silly, really, that college students don't get up until 10. But it's a well known and well established fact. I thought I would be different, but you're really just on a different schedule. I have three to four days a week this semester that I have to get up around 7:30 in the morning, and all I can suggest to those of you registering for courses is... don't be like me. One or two days at 8:30 or 9am are ok, just know yourself and your sleeping habits!

Speaking of schedules, here are the classes I'm taking for the spring semester:

  • Audio Techniques
  • Editing I
  • Screenwriting Fundamentals
  • Computer Science
  • Acting Fundamentals
  • Performance Credit: School for Scandal ("Rowley")
  • Crew Credit: Student-Directed One Acts (Stage Manager / Lighting Operator)

I really like my classes this semester. Last semester was good too, but now I'm into more specific, detailed production and theory classes and I'm really just having a blast. Computer Science counts for my Quantitative Inquiry GE (General Education Requirement - I'll have to devote a blog to this sometime soon) so because I tested out of a few math classes with my SAT scores, this course satisfies ALL the math requirements that I have here at Chapman (whoohoo!).

Anyway, more details later - but for now keep in mind how good sleep is... and how early 8:30am is to a college student!

No comments: